Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day Tea at Leyton's Preschool







Leyton's Foothills Preschool had a special Tea Party for all the mothers during the last 30 minutes of class today. Miss Vicci had each child tell the class what is one thing that's special about their mother. Leyton's response was "I have to think about it, I'll get back to you!" Each child gave their mother a single beautiful rose and a collection of handmade Mother's Day crafts. We then had tea and finger sandwiches. It was very sweet and it got me (Linda) a little choked up, realizing that this was the first Mother's Day that Leyton really knew what it meant. It was also touching to see all the gifts they made, a hand drawn portrait of Mom (just a face), a bouquet of stamped flowers held by their hand prints and a picture of Leyton with the words "My mother is beautiful because I like her." Days like this definitely makes you feel special and proud to be a mother!

No comments: